It’s hard to find an online casino that accepts players from the United States due to the country’s stringent regulatory requirements. The few betting platforms that do accept US players usually provide only a limited range of offerings to avoid incurring the wrath of regulators.
In recent times, however, some Bitcoin-based casinos have been able to navigate these strict rules to offer betting services to players worldwide, including those based in the USA.
BetOnline is one of the few crypto casinos that accepts US-based players. The platform was established in 2001 by a team of gambling experts who have been part of the industry since a decade earlier.
- BetOnline Bonuses And Promotions
- BetOnline’s Game Categories
- Live Betting And Live Casino
- BetOnline’s UI/UX
- Customer Support
- BetOnline’s Licensing And Regulation
- Countries Restricted From Using BetOnline
- How to register and deposit on BetOnline?
- Verdict: Should You Use BetOnline Casino?
Launched as a private betting company, BetOnline obtained its gaming license from the state of Panama. Although the casino initially used a .com domain, it moved to the .ag domain in 2012 after the US Department of Justice (DoJ) seized several .com gambling-related domains in 2011.
This article will cover everything you need to know about BetOnline, including pros and cons, customer support, security, game offerings, bonuses, and other services offered on the platform.
BetOnline Game Categories
Over the years, BetOnline has added various types of games to meet the needs of all kinds of players. The game categories range from sportsbooks to casino games and have been carefully categorized to provide easy access to users.
Sportsbook and esports
This is BetOnline’s primary focus. The casino allows you to wager on many different types of sport and esport events. You’ll find fair odds for all games, which is one of the main reasons the site has become a fan favorite for sports bettors.
Below is a list of supported sports and esports on BetOnline Bitcoin casino.
- Horse Racing
- Aussie Rules
- Canadian Football
- Formula One
- College Football
- League of Legends
- Dota 2
- Call of Duty
- Rainbow 6
There are only a handful of casino games on BetOnline. This is considered a significant flaw by many players as most other online casinos that offer casino games have lots of variety in this category.
This forces dedicated players to have multiple accounts across various online betting platforms so that they can switch between casino games to increase their chances of winning and keep from getting bored. We wager that BetOnline would do a lot more business if they added more casino games to their roster.
Although BetOnline does not support as many casino games as other Bitcoin casinos, it has partnered with some of the best software developers to ensure that what it provides is of a high standard. The casino games on the platform are powered by a few different software providers, including Nucleus Gaming, Betsoft, Visionary iGaming, Fresh Deck Studios, and others. The casino games are categorized into four subsections on the platform:
- Table games - Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, and Baccarat, etc.
- Slots games - Book of Darkness, Take the Bank, Kung Fu Coins, and others.
- Video poker - Jacks or Better, Aces and Eights, Jokers’ Wild, etc.
- Specialty games - Keno, Spin to Win, and many more.
On BetOnline, you have the opportunity to play live events for sports, esports and casino games. BetOnline’s live betting service for sports events is limited to only a few games and includes all of those listed above.
These include most American sports, including options to make in-play bets for games already underway in sports such as American football and basketball. The Live casino game feature supports games such as Baccarat, Roulette, Blackjack and others.
There are two versions of the BetOnline website - classic and new. Being an older bookie, the company chooses to run both platforms to satisfy the whims of both old school and newer clients. Regardless of the version you choose, both platforms have been designed to be user-friendly and uncomplicated. You can switch between the two sites at any time as both have very similar functionality.
As you’d expect, the new version has been designed to look more modern and in line with the latest web design principles. Games are well organized so that you won’t have a hard time finding your favorite or browsing by category. For the sports section, the odds are displayed in American style by default; however, you can change over to fractional or decimal odds at the top menu.
Despite being a veteran online casino, BetOnline only supports two languages: English and Chinese. Even more strange is the fact that the option to change language can only be seen when you click the Esports menu. The search button on the website is only designed to search for sports events game codes, which are displayed numerically.
BetOnline Mobile App
Although the casino offers an application for PC users, as with many online casinos there is no mobile application.
Mobile users can still access the website via any supported browser, including Chrome, Opera Mini, etc. The website is designed to work effectively on just about any browser, meaning you shouldn’t have a problem wagering from your mobile devices.
BetOnline seems to be a casino that is genuinely concerned about the welfare of its clients as it provides pretty good customer support that addresses any complaints and inquiries logged by players using the platform.
Should you need to contact the BetOnline customer care team, you can reach out to them via any of the three listed support channels, namely live chat, email and telephone.
All three channels are available 24/7, meaning you should always find an agent ready to attend to you. The email channel has three different accounts to which customers can forward inquiries (depending on the subject matter). They are:
[email protected] (General customer support), [email protected] (Poker-related issues only), [email protected] (All other inquiries).
Based on our tests it appears that the LiveChat widget is the fastest way to get in touch with BetOnline support staff.
The feature is not on the homepage of the website, however, which is undoubtedly points lost. To access it, you’ll need to scroll down to the bottom of the BetOnline landing page and click the ‘contact us’ button to see all the supported customer care channels.
We tried out the LiveChat feature over the weekend and the response time was not bad at all. It took just two minutes on average to get a response from the support team. For the email service, an agent attended to us within thirty minutes. The telephone support channel was the least impressive. It took quite a while before our call was answered by an agent, which can be frustrating, especially if you’re faced with a pressing issue.
Note: The customer care agent asked us to provide our login email and password in order to proceed with helping us solve a minor issue. Standard safe practice is not to give your login details to anyone, including the casino’s customer representative, as this could lead to trouble should the agent stop working at the casino and decide to cash in on some of the login details they have access to.
BetOnline uses advanced security measures to keep its users safe. As an experienced casino that allows users to fund their accounts using both cryptocurrencies and traditional payment methods like credit and debit cards, BetOnline understands the need to protect this sensitive information from prying eyes.
The casino has thus adopted the popular Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security, which helps convert sensitive information from its original form into an unreadable format that makes life much harder for criminals trying to access your data and funds.
Your deposit and withdrawals are safe with BetOnline. The casino claims that there has never been an incident where a player’s funds have been taken due to a hack on the platform.
However, despite boasting about being the most secure online casino in existence, BetOnline’s security measures are not actually up to the highest modern standards.
The popular Google Two-factor authentication (2FA), which has now been widely adopted across large and small crypto casinos alike, is still not supported on BetOnline. While 2FA is not an absolutely necessary security feature, it does create an additional layer of security for bettors by making it more difficult for anyone to gain remote access to your account.
BetOnline Licensing and Regulation
While many online casinos choose to get registered under the laws of Curacao because of the simplicity of the process and requirements, BetOnline has chosen to do things differently. BetOnline is operated and managed by Blue High House S.A., a casino operator established under the laws of Panama, with registration number 620693.
Its licensing with the authorities of Panama gives players an additional form of security in that the casino’s owners cannot simply disappear into thin air without getting investigated and prosecuted. The Panama gaming license makes it possible for BetOnline to operate in several parts of the world without encountering any regulatory issues.
Although BetOnline’s services are made available in various countries, including the United States and its territories, the casino has chosen to restrict certain players from accessing its website for reasons best known to them.
According to BetOnline, players in prohibited countries should not try to access the platform using a VPN as doing so could see your account suspended, with all funds declared as void.
Restricted countries and jurisdictions include:
- Central African Republic (CAR)
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- French Southern Territories
- Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- North Korea
- Sierra Leone
- Syrian Arab Republic
- United Kingdom
How to Register
Getting registered on BetOnline is a straightforward process. You do not need any technical knowledge to create an account. We’ve highlighted the five steps for creating your below:
- Go to betonline.ag and choose your preferred platform (old-school or modern) at the top of the menu.
- Click the “Join Now” button in the top right corner of your screen
- Fill out the registration form with your details, such as first and last name, country, phone number, etc.
- When done, hit the “Create Account” button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose any of the supported payment options to make your first deposit and claim your sign-up bonus.
Congratulations! Your BetOnline account has been created with no hassle whatsoever and you’re now ready to start wagering.
Note: You need to be careful when inputting your email address and password. Entering incorrect details could lead to trouble because BetOnline does not require players to confirm their email address by following a link.
Deposits and Withdrawals
Fortunately, BetOnline supports both traditional and crypto payment methods. You can fund your account with any of the following cryptocurrencies or fiat payment methods:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Chainlink (LINK)
- Stellar (XLM)
- USD Coin (USDC)
Traditional Payment Options
- Credit/Debit card
- Wire Transfer
As this is a crypto site, we’ll focus more on crypto payments for the purpose of this section. After successfully creating a BetOnline casino account you’ll be prompted to select a preferred payment method to fund your account and receive a sign-up bonus.
Should you fail to fund your account when prompted, you can do so using the following steps:
- Log in to your account from the homepage.
- You’ll be automatically redirected to the deposits page.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Enter the amount you want to fund your account with.
- Choose whether or not to boost your funds by 5%. This offer requires players to roll over the deposit by 5x.
- For cryptocurrencies, tick the box that confirms you would like to send funds from an external address to your newly created BetOnline address.
- After sending your funds, confirm the payment by clicking “I have completed my deposit.”
- As long as everything has been done correctly the funds will show up in your account in a matter of minutes at most.
Note: The minimum and maximum deposits for Bitcoin are the current equivalents of $20 and $500 000, respectively. All altcoins, including Ethereum, Litecoin, Stellar, etc., require a minimum deposit of $20 and allow for a maximum of $100,000.
Withdrawing from BetOnline is also an easy process. You can make a withdrawal by following these steps:
- Log in to your account
- Click on your profile at the top of the page
- Click “Cashier” and then select “Withdrawal”
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and the recipient address (double and triple check to ensure you’ve put the correct wallet address).
Your withdrawal request will be processed and completed within 48 hours.
Note: The minimum withdrawal amount for Bitcoin is $50, while the maximum amount is $100,000. The transaction should be processed within 24 hours.
Bonuses and Promotions
BetOnline is a Bitcoin casino committed to creating an environment where new and regular players can benefit greatly. It has thus launched a series of bonuses to ensure that everyone is a winner.
BetOnline offers several bonuses to players when they fund their accounts. It does not matter whether you’re a newbie or a regular; there is always some benefit to be found when making deposits.
The deposit bonuses are as follows:
5% Bitcoin Boost
You get to receive a 5% boost on your first BTC deposit. You can choose whether or not to enable this bonus; however, it’s worth noting that you will be required to roll over your deposit by 5x should you enable this promo.
100% Crypto First Time Bonus
You will receive a 100% deposit bonus on your first crypto payment; however, you need to enter the coupon code CRYPTO100 to receive this bonus.
50% Welcome Bonus
All players receive an additional 50% bonus on their first-ever deposit.
100% Casino Welcome Bonus
You will be given three 100% casino welcome bonuses of up to $1,000 on your first 3 deposits. This bonus can only be used to play casino games.
100% Poker Bonus
Once again, after making your first deposit, you’ll receive 100% of your funds in the form of a poker bonus that can only be used on, well, poker games.
25% Reload Bonus
Every time you fund your account, you’ll receive 25% of up to $250 back in bonuses. However, you will need to use the promo code LIFEBONUS when funding your account to take advantage of this one.
35% Crypto Reload Bonus
Whenever you fund your account with a cryptocurrency you will receive a 35% reload bonus in the same currency you used.
BetOnline also offers several betting bonuses specifically geared towards sports and sporting events. They are:
- Win a double on Fight Night of up to $100 per fight.
- 25% reload bonus on deposits up to $250 for every qualifying reload.
- $25 risk-free player props wager when you don’t play.
- $25 free popps wager.
- $25 free live betting bonus.
- $50 on your first mobile sports bet.
BetOnline casino bonuses include:
- $3,000 Casino Bonus - You can claim up to 100% of your first three deposits, which can be used for casino games only.
- 20% Monthly Reload Bonus - Unique codes are given every month that allows you to claim a reward equivalent to 20% of your monthly deposits and that can only be used to play casino games.
- Diamond Super 7s Jackpot - Participating in a Live casino Red Event puts you in with a chance to win the massive Diamond Super 7s Progressive Jackpot.
- The Ultimate Spin-Off - Players who meet certain criteria are invited to participate in a $5,000 casino tournament.
- 10% Weekly Rebate - 10% of all casino losses made between Monday and Thursday of each week are given back in the form of a bonus.
- Turbo Tuesday - This bonus boosts your Tuesday deposits by an extra $50 which can only be used to play casino games.
- Live weekly casino challenge - You can participate in Blackjack and Roulette tournaments and earn the chance to win your share of a weekly $1,800 bonus.
There are several poker-only bonuses available on the platform. They are:
- 100% poker welcome bonus.
- $150 000 worth of daily prizes is distributed to poker players in the August Rakeback Days promo.
- A $50 000 monthly Mission Grinder bonus is handed out to poker players on the site in the form of daily cash spread out over the course of each month.
- Players with a hand of four of a kind or better who lose to a superior hand can join others at the table who qualify (if any) to share the Bad Beat jackpot.
- The casino also offers a new Boost Bad Beat Jackpot similar to the previous one. However, this one comes with even better rewards.
- $2000 worth of cash prize is handed out every twelve hours based on the standings of certain leaderboards.
- Sit N Go (SNG) players are rewarded with up to $15 000 worth of daily cash prizes.
- A $1 million Windfall event allows players to turn $10 into $1 000 000 by registering on one of the casino’s 3-player hyper-turbo Sit & Go Windfalls found in the poker section.
With this bonus category players are rewarded with up to 7% cashback for wagering on Horse racing online, while phone wagers are eligible for up to a 4% rebate.
You’ll also be rewarded with $25 for your first wager on BetOnline’s Racebook.
This promotion allows Dota 2 players to earn the International 10 Battle Pass prize and have a chance to win 5x level 100 battle passes for their team.
The Weekly Esports Perfect Parlay gives players a chance to win the casino’s $5,000 Perfect Parlay grand prize.
Refer a Friend
You get rewarded with 300% of up to $300 for every friend that registers on BetOnline using your referral code.
Bonuses are offered to players who participate in specific competitions. These promos are run periodically, meaning it’s best to keep an eye open in order to take advantage of any great offers.
Is BetOnline Bitcoin Casino Worth Trying?
Definitely! BetOnline is one of the oldest online casinos and has a solid reputation in the online gambling industry. The platform has managed to remain relevant by bridging the gap between old-school and modern players and offering several fiat and crypto payment options.
You can choose to bet on sports events or opt for casino games. The casino section would be even more attractive if more games were added, but there is already high quality. Happy gaming!